Being fairly new to the world of business travel, I’ve quickly discovered that your needs are quite different than traveling with a family. I recently attended the Mom 2.0 Summit in Houston and found my accomodations sponsor, Crowne Plaza Riveroaks, to be the perfect homebase for a Traveling Business Mom. It was fun to evaluate the hotel from a whole new perspective!
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN CHOOSING BUSINESS TRAVEL ACCOMODATIONS:
– A good night’s sleep. You’ve got to be well-rested and on your game for business dealings so choosing a hotel that doesn’t have a lively party scene and isn’t as family-oriented will serve you well in the long-run. Crowne Plaza in Houston was quiet and restful.
– A concierge that can work magic. Business trips often involve the need to send/receive faxes, post mail and packages as well as make plans on the fly (dinner, cabs, travel). I did all three while staying in Houston and the Crowne Plaza staff was absolutely awesome, notifying me immediately of packages, coordinating arrangements for me and so on. A special thanks to Sid Siddiqui for his outstanding assistance and hospitality.
– In-room tech needs. Free wi-fi meant that I could blog to my heart’s content all weekend and an abundance of outlets (with extra available) meant everything stayed charged and ready to rock for the conference. I shared the room with 2 other bloggers and there wasn’t one squabble about staying plugged in!
– Those little “extras” that help you unwind. I had an amazing time at the Mom 2.0 Summit, but it was high intensity from morning til midnight! At first I found it hard to settle in once we were back in our room but Crowne Plaza provided excellent “comfort” ammenities:
* Cookies and milk delivered to your room at bedtime
* A pretty sachet full of great relaxation products like pillow spritzer, eyemask and earplugs.
* Black out curtains to ensure you get all the sleep you need.
While I don’t know that my young family would’ve enjoyed it as much as I did (small pool and noisy construction during the day), the Crowne Plaza Riveroaks (Houston) fit the bill just right for a traveling mom on her first business trip!