To celebrate the release date of Monsters University, a Disney Pixar movie, both Disney parks in the U.S. are holding a “Monstrous Summer”. The huge opening, held on May 24, 2013, is the “All-Nighter” where three parks will remain open for 24 hours.
In Florida, the Magic Kingdom and in California, the Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure Park are the places to take part in history and with Mike and Sully, stars of Monsters Inc. and the brand new Monsters University. To visually catch the vibe, Spaceship Earth in Epcot was transformed into a 180-foot-tall, fully animated Mike Wazowski.
Mike’s personality barely fits into the 180-foot-tall “Eye-Con” as he whips up the crowd to scream for energy to last for 24 hours straight. Disney will need lots of energy for all they have planned.
Magic Kingdom All-Nighter Activities:
- Mike and Sulley will be the Grand Marshals of the “Celebrate a Dream Come True” day parade
- In Tomorrowland there will be appearances by Mike and Sully
- Characters will meet and greet in their pajamas at Town Square
- Dance parties for all will be held at Cinderella’s Castle courtyard
California All-Nighter Activities:
- “Monsters University” “TLT Monstrous” Dance Club
- Star Wars characters in Tomorrowland
- Character Pajama Party in Mickey’s Toontown
- The new Fantasy Faire Royal Theatre at Disneyland park will transform late night with a live band and dancing
- Photo opportunities at Disney California Adventure park at the new “Monsters University” “dorms” in Hollywood Land
- See a new “Monsters University” float leading the Pixar Play Parade.
All activites during the All-Night event and the summer are included with park admission. Throughout Monstrous Summer, expect the unexpected. Surprises are planned for all three parks. Special savings are available for Walt Disney World hotels and tickets.