Published on Wednesday, November 16, 2011 14:21
77 degrees! Today, in Pensacola, my car temperature gauge read 77 degrees. It is still hot and we are trying to find ways to get into the holiday spirit here in the south. Thanksgiving is next week and then the winter holidays will be here before we know it. I want that holiday spirit that includes hot chocolate by the warm winter fire and mittens with every outside outing is what we are looking for. I know that if you are up north, you are probably wishing I would just stop talking…or typing! But if you are in the south, you will love this list of places where you can visit the snow even if it is just for a few hours inside a building! Snowfest (Naples, Florida)
– Snow Mountains will offer 100 tons of falling snow. There will also be Santa, a petting zoo, bounce house and more. Miracle on Cleveland Street (Clearwater, Florida)
– This Christmas Bizarre has food, gifts and more. It will snow on Cleveland Street and there will be two toboggan slides. Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (Orlando, Florida)
– See Santa, an exclusive holiday fireworks show, live entertainment and the magical snow fall on Main Street U.S.A. Celebration in the Oaks (New Orleans, Louisiana)
– Walk through the Botanical Garden, Storyland, and ride the carousel. When you are finished, take a spin around the ice skating rink! Let it Snow (Foley, Alabama)
– Snow will fall in Heritage Park right after a Christmas Parade. There will be live music, Mrs. Claus will tell stories, and children can make arts and crafts.